This colourful chicken pineapple curry recipe will leave your taste buds begging for more with all the juicy flavours in each mouthful. If you’re pressed for time but still want to nourish your body with delicious whole foods, this is the perfect meal to make! I was introduced to this recipe by a friend from Germany while she was visiting London earlier in the year. I met up with her in the Air BnB flat she was staying in, late on the Friday night.
We decided to have a chilled night catching up with good food and great conversations before heading out and on an adventure to explore London the following day. This is the scrumptious dish she whipped up for us that night – Thank you for sharing this quick and easy recipe Ani!
Delicious Chicken Pineapple Curry Recipe
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 3 x Chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- Pineapple chunks (2 cups)
- 3 x bell (sweet) peppers
- 2 x packet rice
- 1 x tin coconut milk
- Curry spices (cumin, Tumeric, Garam Masala, Allspice etc) salt and pepper
- Cut chicken and pineapple into chunks or cubes
- Chop bell peppers into chunks or smaller if desired
- Heat a pan and add butter/olive oil
- Add chicken and lightly fry, adding spices, salt and pepper
- Add peppers and pineapple and stir everything in together
- Add coconut milk and let it simmer until it thickens slightly
- Cook rice
- Plate up and enjoy!
- The above ingredients are what we made this curry with that night in London and it was simply divine. The great thing about this recipe is that you can add other ingredients if you wish, for example fry up 2 x chopped up onions and a few cloves of garlic and/or ginger.
- We had a mixture of coconut rice and plain rice which turned out really well.
- The curry we ate that night had the ‘curry spices’ but was not ‘hot’ with chilli spices. I’ve made this dish a few times since then and added in some cayenne pepper and other curry spices which also turned out to be delicious!
- Double the ingredients above to make a large batch and freeze individual portions for those nights when you don’t feel like cooking a whole meal from scratch.
100Grams of chicken breast offers 165 calories, 3.6grams of fat, and 31 grams of protein. This means eighty percent of the calories are derived from protein and twenty percent from fat. This only applies to plain chicken with no added ingredients.
Pineapple and peppers
Pineapples are laoded with healthy nutrients, disease-combatting antioxidants and enzymes that promote healthy digestion. Peppers have a low calorie content and provide excellent nutrition. All the varieties contina vitamins A & C, folic acid, fiber, and potassium. It also provide wholesome flavour to dishes.
A serving of 100ml coconut milk contains 169 calories, 16.9g of fat, 1.1g of protein, and 14.6g saturated fat. Coconut milk is loaded with antioxidants and it help with restoring the electrolyte balance in your body.
Long-grain white rice is an excellent source of calcium, energy, thiamin, carbohydrates, folate, pantothenic, and vitamin E in comparison to unhealthier alternatives like potatoes, maize, and wheat.
This delightful Chicken pineapple curry recipe is easy to make, contain few ingredients and are delicious! The great thing about this recipe is that you can add more of your favourite ingredients like onion, ginger, garlic, or other foods to make it even better.
There are loads of healthy foods that can be added to make this dish both flavoursome and nutritional. But don’t take my word for it. Give this recipe a try and see for yourself.
Sending you lots of light, love, and wholesome goodness.