Are you trying to stick to healthy eating but your sweet tooth is getting in the way? Then this healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe is just the thing for you. You can enjoy the best of two worlds – satisfying your sugar craving while eating something healthy. In this recipe, we replaced sugar with maple syrup and used brown sugar for extra chewiness. Enjoy!
The Best Thing About These Cookies
- They are super easy to make.
- You can freeze the cookie dough or the cookies for later.
- You can add extra mix-ins for variety.
Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- ½ Cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ Teaspoon of baking powder
- 1.25 Cup rolled oats – use a coffee grinder or food processor to pulverize them
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon of kosher salt
- ½ Cup of maple syrup for adding sweetness
- ¼ Cup of packed light brown sugar for some chewiness
- ½ Cup of unsalted butter
- 1 Large egg
- ½ Cup of mini chocolate chips
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla essence
- Use parchment paper to line a baking sheet and preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Blend the rolled oats for 15-20 minutes in a food processor until they are pulverized.
- Mix the all-purpose flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl and put it aside.
- Cream brown sugar and butter until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the mixture to a food processor, and set it on low speed before gradually adding the maple syrup. Once added, adjust the mixer to medium or high setting and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and keep mixing before adding the vanilla essence.
- Now add the dry ingredients (except for the chocolate chips), ½ cup at a time while slowly mixing it all together.
- Lastly, add the mini chocolate chips.
- Leave the cookie dough for 30 minutes in the refrigerator to allow it to hydrate (don’t skip this step).
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the dough, roll it into a ball and then flatten it slightly between the palms of your hands. Place each cookie on the baking sheet and bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and let them cool down.
- Calories: 122
- Sugar: 10
- Carbs: 18
- Fat: 5
- Protein: 2
- Rolled oats – you can use quick-cooking oats (no need to pulverize)
- Mini chocolate chips – standard chocolate chips
- All-purpose flour – You can replace it with 1:1 gluten-free flour mix
- Light brown sugar – you can use dark brown sugar
- Egg – flax egg (how to make a flax egg)
If you want to get more creative, you can more ingredients. Here are some suggestions:
- White chocolate chips
- Pecan or walnuts
- Jelly Tots
- Smarties or Astro’s
Store the cookies at room temperature for five days in an air-tight container. Make sure they have cooled down properly before storing them.
You can also freeze the cookie dough or cookies in an air-tight container or Ziploc bag.
It is not always easy to stick to a healthy lifestyle and keep track of your calorie intake. With this healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe, you can enjoy the best of both worlds. You can satisfy your sugar craving while nibbling on a healthy cookie that doesn’t contain all the unhealthy sugars and carbs like the ones you find in grocery isles.
What are you waiting for? The next time that sugar craving sets in, why not consider this healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe as a guilt-free healthy snack?
Sending you lots of light, love, and feel-good vibes!