Today, I will be sharing 6 healthy face mask recipes that you can make at home. Why spend your hard-earned cash on expensive face masks at the Spa or buying ones in the store when you can make your very own at home with everyday ingredients found in most people’s kitchens.
6 Healthy Face Mask Recipes You Can Make At Home
Oatmeal Face Mask – For Rejuvenating Skin
If you are looking for a face mask that can quickly make you skin feel and look better, then the oatmeal face mask is what you need.
- ½ Cup hot water (not boiling)
- 1/3 Cup Oatmeal
- 2 Tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Small egg white
- Mix the hot water and oatmeal and leave it to settle for about two to three minutes.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Apply a thin layer of the face mask to the facial area and leave it for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Rinse your face with warm water. Use a strainer or sieve in the sink to prevent clogging the drain with the oat granules.
Yogurt Face Mask – For Cleansing
To tighten your pores and cleanse your skin, you can use the following face mask recipe.
- Plain yogurt
- Juice and pulp from a ¼ orange slice
- Mix one teaspoon of plain yoghurt with the pulp and juice of ¼ slice of orange and the aloe. Apply to your face and let it sit for at least five minutes before rinsing your face with warm water.
- You can also use plain yogurt on its own as a face mask and leave it on for about twenty minutes.
Banana Face Mask – For skin tightening
Banana is a natural astringent and is excellent for reducing the appearance of wrinkles and tightening your skin.
- One medium banana
- ¼ Cup whipping cream
- 1 x 500-IU Vitamin E capsule
- Mash the contents of a peeled banana and mix it with the whipping cream and the contents of the Vitamin E capsule. You can use a needle to prick the capsule to squeeze the contents out.
- Stir the mixture before spreading it to your facial skin.
- Rinse your face after about ten to fifteen minutes.
Lemon Face Mask – For Beautiful-looking Skin
Lemons contain both BHAs and AHAs which are two kinds of hydroxy acid that assist with removing dead skin cells and clearing acne, blackheads, and improving discoloration.
- ¼ Cup olive oil or almond oil
- Juice from one lemon
- Mix the juice from the lemon with either olive oil or almond oil.
- Apply to your skin and leave for fifteen minutes before rinsing with warm water.
- You can also mix the juice of ½ a lemon with a tablespoon of honey as an alternative.
Yeast Face Mask – For Deep Skin Cleanse
This face mask recipe is especially useful for young people with oily skin.
- One packet of dry yeast (7 grams)
- Lemon juice
- Make a paste by mixing the dry yeast with three drops of lemon juice and two teaspoons of water. Keep adding water until you are happy with the consistency.
- Spread the mixture all over your face and leave it to settle for ten to fifteen minutes before rinsing it with warm water.
Mayonnaise Face Mask – For Smooth Skin
You can make an easy face mask with this whole-egg mayonnaise recipe to leave your skin feeling clean and smooth.
- Gently apply mayonnaise all over your face and let it rest for twenty minutes.
- Wipe the mixture off and use cool water to rinse your face afterwards.
I hope you have enjoyed reading about these healthy face mask recipes that contain few ingredients and are super easy to make. Are you currently using any homemade face masks that are healthy? I would love to hear all about them in the comments.
Sending you lots of light, love, and beautiful glowing skin vibes.