Today, I will be sharing 4 best detox cleanse drinks for flushing your system. There are so many health boosting products out there that promise the best results for detoxing the body and promoting weight loss.
Detoxing procedures and remedies have gained immense popularity over the years. Detoxification diets promise to eradicate toxins from the body and boost your overall health.
These toxins are the primary culprits that lead to ill health and an array of health issues that include aches and pains, acne, obesity, dull or dry skin, joint pain, hair loss, and lethargy.
Why Does Your Body Need Detoxing?
Such toxins can be anything like pesticides, environmental pollutants, chemicals used in food additives, farming, metabolic wastes that formed in the body as well as different bacteria in metabolic products. Even though many easy to make drinks and foods can detoxify your system, how do you know which ones are actually helping?
There is limited evidence that is backed by science which supports the effectiveness of external detoxing methods. Our bodies have an integrated detoxifying system which includes the blood cells, liver, kidneys, and antibodies. What really helps is consuming foods and drinks that contain beneficial ingredients for getting rid of toxins.
Following a healthy diet that is rich in fiber, frequent exercise, plenty of water, and getting enough sleep are all factors that promote a healthy lifestyle.
What are the Best Detox Cleanse Drinks?
Detoxing drinks contain different vegetable and fruit juices that offer certain nutrients. However, they often lack calories and protein which may result in you feeling weak or drained. They can also decrease your metabolic rate because your body is deprived of calories.
Most commercially sold detoxification drinks are diuretics (boost urine output) or laxatives (promote bowel movements). Amplified urine output however can cause dehydration that is often perceived as weight loss. But, the results are only temporary and will be returned to the body as soon as you start eating a standard diet. Even though many products claim to detox your body, always consult with your physician or a nutritionist before taking them.
4 Best Detox Cleanse Drinks for Flushing Your System
Here are some of the best detox cleanse drinks that you can try to detox your body and flush your system from impurities:
1. Cucumber & Mint Detox Cleanse Drink
This detoxifying drink is claimed to be effective for managing weight and retaining your body’s mineral and fluid balance.
- Rinse and peel two cucumbers
- Cut them into thin slices
- Wash and chop some mint leaves up finely
- Cut one lemon into thin slices and add all the ingredients to a jug or glass bottle with a wide mouth
- Add some water and ice and keep it in the fridge for half an hour to an hour
- Remove it from the fridge and shake it well
- Sip on the mixture throughout the day
2. Lemon Detox Cleanse Drink
Lemon is commonly used in detoxifying drinks due to its high vitamin C and antioxidant content. Lemon assists with building immunity as well as keeping bones, gums, and skin healthy.
- Squeeze the juice of 2-3 lemons and add it to one litre of water
- You can add a pinch of salt
- Grate ginger and add it to the mixture before consuming it
- Be sure not to use hot water because vitamin C is heat-sensitive
3. Aloe Vera and Chia Seed Detox Cleanse Drink
- Add one litre of water to a large jar
- Add ½ cup of aloe vera juice and a teaspoon of chia seeds to the water
- Allow it to rest for ten minutes before squeezing half a lemon into the mixture
- Make sure everything is mixed well before drinking some
Chia seeds are an excellent gluten-free source of antioxidants and calcium. They are fantastic for regulating appetite and for managing weight.
4. Coconut Water Detox Cleanse Drink
This is a super quick and easy drink to make.
- Add some finely chopped mint to a glass of coconut water and squeeze the juice of half a lime to the mixture before drinking it
This refreshing drink is good for healthy hair and skin.
I hope you have found these 4 best detox cleanse drinks helpful and that you will try them to see if it makes a difference. Do you have some detox drink recipes that you would like to share with me? Be sure to share them with me in the comments section below.
Sending you lots of detoxing, healing, and healthy vibes